notes from an admin for himself. you can read it if you want.

Entries Comments

Custom Search

Magellan GPS – fix for Content Manager has stopped (release) working

2 June, 2011 (18:35) | Hardware Info, How to

First register an account with Magellan If you are running vista or windows 7, download the latest content manager for your magellan gps. Don’t tell the browser to run now, or open. Browse to the directory where you downloaded the installer file Right click the file and select “run as administrator” If you do not tell it to install in this order, it will appear to install but it does not have the ability to write all of the files it needs. When you launch it after an incorrect install it will say “Content Manager has stopped (release) working.” I just ran this on a brand new Magellan roadmate 9020T-LM. It is now updated and functioning fine. Crazy to have a 7″ gps, I’ll let you know how I like it compared to my Garmin 2360LMT.

Comments

Comment from JOHN CALDONE
Time: September 12, 2011, 2:42 pm

Just purchased a Magellan
gps. Have Free Update. Having a problem downloading update as per http://www.magellan
GPS.com/contentmanager.

Comment from JOHN CALDONE
Time: September 12, 2011, 2:44 pm

Have Free Update with Magellan GPS. Having a problem downloading from http://www.magellanGPS.com/contentmanager.

Comment from Ham
Time: October 1, 2011, 4:17 pm

Thank you!! I was going nuts trying to figure out why the software loaded but I couldn’t log in. Your fix worked for both Win7 and XP.

Comment from H B Coats
Time: December 16, 2011, 9:59 am

I have tried everything I have been instructed to do and I cannot get free maps for my 5045 LM. I am about to discard it and get a Garmin.

Comment from Richard L. Dixon
Time: March 12, 2012, 6:41 pm

I’m having a similar problem downloading http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager to my XP computer as H.B. Coats above. I keep getting a”not responding” after I immediately receive a confirmation message that shows I’m in. I ‘ve uninstalled this program several times, and re-installed the magellan program. I need help!

Comment from Edwin Santiago
Time: July 7, 2012, 8:46 pm

Firt time user

Comment from luther holmes
Time: September 19, 2012, 10:22 am

please show me how the magellan GPS navigator work thanks

Comment from Stacey Purinton
Time: February 21, 2013, 8:01 pm

Thank you very much. I was going crazy getting it to work until I read John Caldone’s message. Spot on and now it works great.

Comment from Stanley
Time: May 19, 2013, 11:35 am

installing on Win7 Home edition machine, and get a pop-up box with no message. Install fails…

Comment from Steven Stoessel
Time: January 5, 2014, 9:57 am

My content manager worked fine on Win 7 32-bit mode but I have since installed Win7 64-bit and now I can’t get the device to connect at all. The Content Manager installed and I can bring it up but just can’t get the GPS device to connect to it. It must be a driver problem but I don’t know where to go from here. Any advice?
Steve