notes from an admin for himself. you can read it if you want.

Entries Comments

Custom Search

Why Eve online sucks donkeys

3 January, 2010 (15:53) | games

Eve really sucks. It looks ok, I wouldn’t say the graphics are better or as impressive as standing in the middle of Dalaran in WoW. I compare to WoW because it is my favorite game, not because they are that similar. But all games are the same. Collect resources, upgrade skills, fight bigger enemies. There were a few things that caught my attention right away:

1. There is a chat channel for newbies. Clear sign the game isn’t very self explanatory. That chat channel is a steady flood of confused, lost and bewildered new people. BIG red flag. The game leaves a little too much important information out as you get started and you can easily feel stuck and bored.

2. Rude people in chat. Very condescending comments to newbs about reading directions and only intellectuals are capable of playing Eve online. If you don’t get it, apparently you are stupid. The feel of chat is about the worst I have seen in any game. You can stereotype age of players per game all you want, but there are 12 year olds on every game. Everyone I know who plays WoW is 20s to 30s. People in my guild are younger, but play well all the same.

3. The directions you are provided with don’t make much sense. It gives me some blueprint to build some afterburner thing. At first I thought I was going to make the part myself. After some reading using the ingame browser (very cool) people said I should just buy it. Even though I had a bunch of extra mining stuff I had just sold, I didn’t have enough to buy the parts for my quest.  According to my training schedule, it was going to be 4 hours until my prereq skill was done cooking. I can’t build it without some manufacturing skill that gets done about 2 hours from now. So I’m stuck. Can’t build it, can’t buy it. I personally hate the need of a game like Evony or Eve to set an alarm so I know when I need to log in and start up the next action.

Why on earth would they make me wait 4 hours to complete my 3rd quest? Unbelievable. So I asked in the chat. I got bitched out and cursed at for being stupid and making the game less fun because I’m obviously trolling the chat to piss people off??? Very odd.I wonder if Eve put the newbie channel there just to deter new users. One more hurdle to keep the new people out, by constant ridicule.

4. The interface starts off too cluttered. That sure is nice that you can do all this amazing stuff later in the game. Eve needs to learn from WoW and start with a bunch of the buttons missing. Focus players on core skills that must be complete in order to get past say level 10.

5. mouse look. I looked around for a while in the menu, couldn’t figure out mouselook inversion options.

6. The ingame browser is really cool because you don’t have to tab out or stay in windowed mode. The idea behind it though bites. The game sucks so bad that you have to be able to google how to play it every other minute. Eve online doesn’t feel like a game. It is more like a writing a research paper.

After 3 hours of wandering around, reading too much online and in game, and getting blasted by other users for asking polite questions I gave up. I got in to general chat and said I didn’t think this game is for me, I hope you all have fun with it, I’m going back to WoW. I got a few “fuck yous”  right away and then logged out and uninstalled.

Eve online is a game for people who can only see black and white. For the few percent of the world that sees only in black and white it is great. But for the rest of us who see in color, the game makes as much sense as a newspaper that has been through a crosscut shredder. I would have quit after about an hour, but decided I better give it a chance. I will never get that 3-4 hours back. what a waste.

So now the count is World of Warcraft 2, Eve online 0, WW2 online 0. Evony is oddly addicting, LORTO is good. Starcraft2, Halo(s,) Half Life- awesome.I would just recommend steering clear of Eve unless your personality is an elitist snob with too much free time. My latest fun game is World of Tanks. Love that game.

To the people saying why compare to WoW? WoW is a game. I like games. I play games. If they are fun I pay for them. I compare games to games. Things I do on a computer in my free time. Are they the same? Yes, they are a certain level of fun. The end.

Comments

Comment from Lenny
Time: May 14, 2012, 2:21 am

Ive played EVE for 4 years, and its tanking. I just like coming home and doing my own thing, I dont need a second job. Which is what Eve has always felt like. Ive delved deep into the layers of complexity thinking there was a way to actually make the game currency, or derive some kind of satisfaction, but the answer is NO. The Deeper you dig you will find there is no end to the complex BS, and it never becomes fruitful. As far as suicide Gankers go, they are more prevalent now and the fact they can fit a cheap throw away ship with cheap guns and kill a ship that took months to be able to afford, makes it even crappier….and there is no penalty the security status thing is a joke. The penalty is they withhold boring missions that no one wants to do anyway.
Ive lost 29 ships many were very expensive, all in high security space. Ive never Killed anyone nor do I ever want to kill anyone…..I just want to live in space and do my own thing, alone or with friends. Ive actually petitioned CCP and explained why Im getting tired of this game, and offered some solutions. I was referred to a extinct blog and told that “they (the guy at CCP) didnt mind suicide ganking.” Which is fine but they can do it without me paying for the honor.

Comment from Eve
Time: June 17, 2012, 11:18 pm

I can only agree with the authors comments. Eve is aggravating to say the least. It’s unbalanced and people like to see you hurt. I played years ago, quit for the same reasons. I thought I try the ‘new’ Eve, hoping that it has changed. Oh well, after 2 weeks of 12h plus playing per day, I lost my ship and got podded by a 4+ year old player with a ship that was light years ahead of mine. And it happened in the 0.9 hi security area where you are ‘supposedly protected’. Ya right. I lost my ship, modules, all implants and my starter implant that I paid for with the subscription. All amounted to about 100 million ISK the in-game currency. The starter implant was for sale for 500 million in contracts. laughable. Eve is unbalanced crap and that’s exactly why they still have only 25000 to 40000 players online and are not growing at all. Add to that the insults you get in chat and from your own corp members and it becomes a nightmare for sure. It takes a special character to play Eve that I don’t have and you need to give up your day job to get ISK fast. Then after you have the ISK you worked for 2 weeks to get, you loose it in no time at all. My opponent was even so nice to let me die for almost an hour. Well, he could have done it in about 2 seconds, but was no fun for him. He needed the thrill of seeing me going down very slowly. He really enjoyed it too. He told me I was an idiot noob (new player) that deserved to die. I shouldn’t have been there in the first place. Eve also has a Petition system – if you are stuck or things disappear, you actually might get the items back. Ha, 4 petitions were simply deleted after a week of wait. So don’t expect ANY help whatsoever. The advise you get in help channel is utterly useless and insulting too. Do the missions, read this, Google that. And then there is the stuff you don’t know: Old players have access to in game agents that can locate you at any time. You of course, don’t have access to those agents for a year. You can balance the ships and do fights but people gang up on you. One keeps you nailed down while 2,3 or 4 more player kill you – even with small ships. It makes unplayable for new players. Complicated game mechanics are not even understood by seasoned players and CCP the makers of the game constantly change (balance) things around. What works now might not work tomorrow. So what’s good about it? Graphics are nice, but after 2 weeks you have seen them. Always the same. STAY AWAY FROM EVE!

Comment from Pnubs
Time: June 23, 2012, 11:27 am

Another thing to consider is the fact that essentially EVE Online is a scam perpetrated by CCP on stupid gamers. Consider this. You don’t have to actually PLAY the game to advance in it. You can pay CCP a monthly subscription, only log in long enough to train skills on the ONE toon out of the three in your account that can be training at any time. This creates two consequences. One, if you want to advance more than one character at a time, you need to give CCP money for another account. Secondly, the only thing that you gain for actually doing things in the game is the game’s currency, “ISK”. So, you can pay CCP to not play their game. Great for them, as it keeps server resource use to a minimum. Another thing is that the economy in the game is kept artificially high by the “real loss” concept when it comes to ships and modules. This is nothing more than CCP rigging the game to make you spend more money. Let’s say that after you train up the skills to buy a nice Battleship, you look on the market and decide you’re going to buy one. You can go out and grind for the ISK by doing mining, missions, or whatever. Care to guess how long it would take you running missions or mining to grind up the money to buy that Battleship? There’s a base price for the item set by CCP, which fluctuates depending on the market conditions for the ship. The base price for everything else is set too, and its deliberately rigged to make getting the ISK for that ship a long and boring proposition. Ta-da! Enter PLEX. You can give CCP even MORE money that you can trade into ISK by purchasing game time codes and selling them on the market. Quick and easy! And you can go buy a couple of those Battleships right away! Just make sure you insure them (more ISK) so that WHEN they get blown up you get anywhere from 25-60% of the ships ISK value back. If you were to play this game the way CCP implies is the most fun way to play it, what you would be doing is getting together with your friends and logging in and spending far more than the monthly subscription using PLEX to fund null-sec sov campaigns over imaginary space. That is, of course, if you aren’t a metagamer. If anything, EVE profoundly rewards metagaming, which most ordinary people would call “cheating” or “exploiting”. Most recently, a few guys in Goonswarm Federation used an exploit in the Inferno patch to turn billions of ISK that they had used hoarding minerals that were artificially inflated in price because of Hulkageddon (an ingame anti-mining vessels assault event that the Goons were driving, with PLEX, of course) into trillions of ISK by exploiting a game mechanic involving the Factional Warfare revamp. These guys must work at Goldman Sachs in real life, if not CCP. CCP screws their players, their players screw CCP. Do you want to play a game to be entertained, or do you want to play a game to be manipulated out of your cash? Ask yourself. Then get as far away from EVE and CCP as possible.

Comment from Guardian
Time: July 1, 2012, 10:58 am

EVE is absolutely the worst of the worst games I have ever played in my 28 years. EVE is not even a game, let alone MMORPG. EVE is an economical simulator with some ugly graphics and clumsy in-ship mechanisms thrown on the top of it.
– griefing, scamming, stealing, decieving and abusing other players is not only legit but also encouraged by the staff

Basic facts about why you shouldnt join EVE:
– youre screwed up from day 1 compared to any older player. Skill training is real-time based, you will NEVER EVER keep up with the older players. You will only be better than newbies even worse than you (due to newbie hostile enviroment, there are almost no newbies at all).
– PvP is strictly group-based, meaning that you cant solo PvP (technically you can, but you will die). Bigger gank groups wins.
– PvP 1v1, if youre lucky to get it, is decided from the start. Older player with better ship/equipment wins. The whole PvP is literally clicking on 3-4 icons and waiting for 5 minutes for someone to die. You can zoom in to see some prehistorical efects though.
– EVE is extremely time consuming – you will spent most of your game time travelling from point A to point B, which also happens to be extremely dull activity. If youre not travelling, you will be grinding the same 30 missions into eternity – or mining (clicking 1 icon and going afk for 20 minutes).
– EVE is extremely elitist – those few nerds who endured the game ugliness (about 30-40k players online at peaks, which is like 0,000nothing compared to WoW or Rift) will keep reminding you how much you suck at all times

Comment from hell
Time: July 8, 2012, 2:42 pm

if you are waiting 5 minutes for someone to die you are doing it wrong. had to say that first. 😀

EvE is the perfect social experiment, and if you would realize that and take advantage of it you don’t even need to pay a sub fee, you can’t do that in WoW.

EvE = Everyone vs. Everyone. i love it

Comment from I’d like that part of my life back, please.
Time: July 8, 2012, 3:48 pm

Well, I went back to try it again, because CCP offered a 2-months-for-the-price-of-one deal for inactive (read: quit previously) accounts. They’ve made a few cosmetic upgrades, but basically the game STILL sucks buckets, unless you’re one of the foaming at the mouth PvP players, or ‘power gamers’ as they like to call themselves. It’s painfully obvious that CCP built the game just for that tyoe of player, and more power to ’em; but please keep that crap out of any game I happen to be in. I like LOTRO’s approach to it, where people who WANT to do PvP (or PvMP) have a particular part of the game world (not effectively all of it, like EvE) set aside for them, and that’s it.

The game has an amazingly steep learning curve, and if you want to try it, you’d do well to forget about accomplishing anything without joining up with some established players, and also don’t be in a hurry.

The other beef I have had with CCP is their selective application of their own house rules. I can’t begin to tell you the number of times I’ve run across mining ships that I *knew* were being run on macros, which according to the rules is a Big No No… I have reported a mess of them, and I can’t recall one single time an account got banned – like it says in the rules would happen. Why, you ask? Guess the 14.95 a month sub fee buys you a lot of immunity from the rules, apparently. Money talks.

Comment from Hardass
Time: August 28, 2012, 5:33 am

How retarded are you ? compaing EVE to WOW is like comparing Chalk with Cheese you muppet.

There is no end game in EVE and if your bored with one profession you can easily start anew one with out having to lern it all again alot of the skill will probable help you in the long run.

My son is 10 i created him a PVE charector and let him get on hes been at it now for 7 months and is loving it hes his own little boss in his own little corp never once asked dad for help did it all by himself ok he made mistakes but he learnt all the same.

Now you said you found it difficult to comunicate in the chat channels where my little lad has his own group of friend they all help each other out and hes loving ever min of it.

Now if my 10 year old son can grasp a pretty hard game to get in to why cant you sorrry Op but your either ignorant and too used to the pink fluffy world of WOW or just too FKN dumb to play a game like EVE ONLINE

Comment from Tried n True
Time: September 5, 2012, 2:36 pm

The fact that EvE is a Sandbox doesn’t really mean much. LIke a sandbox its not really fun, there isn’t a lot to it and it gets boring fast. I tried playing eve for a month and its frustrating when you start training a skill and it will tell you that it completes in 30 hours.

The concept of this game is interesting and if it was at all similar to the Escape Velocity games, it would awesome but its not. The game focuses on too many aspects of tedium, buying every bullet you fire and waiting days to learn something. Once you do get to a point where you have a good selection of skills and a good ship then the game does change pace a little bit but for the most part you will spend hours doing the same few things to make money. Making money only gets you so far and probably the reason everyone griefs is because they are bored and its one of the only forms of entertainment left in the game.

The most basic idea behind any game is that it should be fun and that you would want to keep playing it. Not graphics or DLC but the level of enjoyment acquired from playing it. WoW is only similar to EvE in that it is an online game you need to subscribe to. The reason people like WoW better than EvE is only because they enjoy playing WoW more than EvE. I’ve been contemplating going back to EvE but I think there are better ways for me to spend my time and money then sitting at my computer for hours a day just getting fatter.

Comment from The Ether
Time: September 10, 2012, 4:05 pm

Eve is seemingly solely inhabited by frothing morons with raging inferiority complexes – just see some of the posts disagreeing with the article here from people unable to tell the difference between something that is difficult, and something that is merely incredibly tedious. The only player v. player action you will get 99% of the time is from people who would never go into a fight without knowing for certain they could win. Which means hoards of them, or preying on the newbies. No fun at all, and combined with the craptastitc point-and-click mode of play, also totally without skill. PvE is just go here, shoot that, rinse, repeat. The meta gaming too is a massive problem – why on earth they allow mutliple alts per user is beyond me; I guess to swell their reports to share-holders or something. All in all, a massive, huge let-down from something that showed so much promise. After 2 weeks, bye bye eve, and bye bye obnoxious ‘tards. I can’t help but feel that I will not be missing out on anything whatsoever.

Comment from Zzap
Time: December 24, 2012, 2:36 am

In response to EvEisGreat:

EvE is not a great game: The dwindling population and numerous EvE forum posts about these falling numbers is proof that CCP is, yet again, fudging numbers and that people are leaving.

If the game is ‘amazing’ as you claim, then why can’t CCP break the 500,000 mark?

EvE is not a sandbox game: “Every single player has an opportunity to interact with every other player” does not equate to a sandbox. Of course EvE is single shard. They don’t have the population to warrant any more than that! Why would they bother with more when they can’t hit the 50k player mark?

Your overall decision(s) do not matter: A lone 1.0 carebear has no impact on EvE. Most 0.0 players have no impact on EvE beyond griefing and forcing players out of game. I was in the Great Northern War with Fade Union, it laster for eight months and nobody remembers it because nothing of worth was accomplished.

The Butterfly Effect video is nothing more than a CCP tactic to show a faux spin on the game wrold. You said it yourself, it’s extremely unlikely that would ever happen….which you summed up the overall population attitude quite nicely.

Actions have consequences: No kidding, it’s a PvP game. A full PvP game should have consequences. Why praise a game for doing what it’s supposed to do? It’s a moot point, at best.

Knowledge is not power/survival: Unlimited funds and the best equipment is power/survival. A noob ISK buyer with the best of the best equipment and ship with a good character build can wipe the floor with most so-called vets and be invited into a strong corp faster than a person who actually earns it.

There are No Takesie-Backsies: Just like Actions have consequences. A moot point, at best.

Without These Distinctions, Eve is Just Another Crappy MMO: EvE is another crappy MMO regardless of whatever ever points you brought up. It has a terrible community, a oudated point-and-click interface, dev favoritism, low population, ISK buyers/sellers, bots, griefers, and carebears.

How is this any different than any MMO out there?

It’s like i said in my previous post: EvE is a bad game made worse by an arrogant community of fantards that convinced themselves that EvE is for hardcore gamers while at the same time proving that they know absolutely dick about the game they play.

You want to make excuses or try to convince yourself or others that Eve is different and amazing/ Fine. Just don’t expect people who played the game longer than you have or gamers who aren’t deluded fanboi’s to take the bait. Tey aren’t biting.

Since you posted links to EvE vids, allow me to do the same

The real EvE community. This hapens far more than the community will admit. why pay for this:

The video the EvE players hate:

Comment from My Thoughts on Eve
Time: February 1, 2013, 10:42 pm

They say that “Eve is for the big boys” and that “this is real life.” This is complete bullshit. Eve is like Lord of the Flies in space, with pre-adolescent school boys degenerating into savagery. This isn’t real life, because this much damage and chaos would cripple any real economy. Such behavior in real life would ensure the mutual destruction of most members of society, and the chaotic degeneration of human civilization. There are no consequences for this behavior, unlike real life, but instead positive reinforcement provided by CCP and the uniquely flawed game design of Eve Online.
This is a game that appeals to the sociopath who was abused, molested, or bullied as a child, and who developed a liking to torturing and killing small, defenseless animals. Watching the misfortune of another living being is central to their amusement, as it provides them with feelings of superiority and the cathartic release of repressed aggression. This superiority; reflected by their narcissism, elitism, condescension, and ad hominem attacks, is essentially the unconscious mirror image of their internal child, which has never emotionally matured but continues to overcompensate for a debilitating and self-depreciating inferiority complex. As the sociopathic Eve player continues to play in their sociopathic sandbox, their mental health further declines into a state of delusion, with the developing notion that “Eve is real life” and that this behavior is the societal norm. In reality, this notion is a mere manifestation of their distorted theory of mind and perception of reality, most of which developed in an environment full of neglect, abuse, distrust, invalidation, helplessness, and imposed inferiority.

Comment from zero
Time: February 16, 2013, 1:52 am

Go to one eve convention, they are the most vile, pathetic, dead ugly people… very nice in person as they are scared of confrontation IRL.

In game thay are bullies and protagonists… funny how anonymity works!

Comment from Razorback
Time: May 6, 2013, 2:30 am

I’ve been playing EVE for about 2 months now. Its harsh, unrelenting and unforgiving. It’s also fun. And there are NO shortage of players or corps willing to help noobs. There is also no shortage of sociopaths who seem to get off on vile chat comments while blowing your noob ship to pieces.

Griefing is fine, it’s part of life in the EVE universe. Its challenging and gives one a sense of achievement to build one’s skills to the point where you can do it too if you wish. I don’t find griefing new players much fun, and I don’t do it, neither do a lot of other players. If you don’t like the vileness you can choose to join a corp where vileness is banned. Simple.

I think a lot of criticism of EVE and the sociopaths who play it (true) is from those who are looking for instant gratification (WoW fanbois). WoW was great for a month but then it got incredibly tedious. EVE has held my attention longer than any other game.

And yes I bought ingame credits, because I can, and it hasn’t spoiled the experience because it doesn’t make that much difference. Experienced players still smoke my ass on a regular basis with their cheaper ships. Buying ISK does not allow for an incredible advantage, unlike other games (WoW).

And I do think its for the more intelligent player. Scripted adventures in WoW are dull, even duller than mining in EVE which says quite a lot.

Comment from HAck
Time: May 26, 2013, 10:54 am

If you read this person’s comment and laugh, Eve is for you: “Eve sucks big time. I played for about 6 moths and had just over 10 million skill points. Just flew to low sec and a player that played EvE for 3+ years, podded me. Essentially no contest, since you can NEVER, EVER catch up to older players. They just have more skills and therefore more firepower. So I took heavy damage for no reason, lost my 100 millions worth of implants, lost my ship, my cargo, woke up at my home station. Luckily I had a ‘clone’ that saved my skill points, but now I have to buy another for millions (since after you’re are podded), you use up your clone. I can only imagine what somebody feels, if he finds out that his clone is not up-to-date. He will loose all skill points and to train from the bottom again! How dumb is that? It’s an immediate game killer. Of course, first thing the ‘older shooter’ told me, that I was stupid going to lowsec and deserved to die. Thanks a lot, I needed that. Now I understand what a ‘Griefer’ is. He gained very little (like 3 million in drops from my ship) but caused about 120 million in damage. I thought games are supposed to be fun?! That idiots can just kill new players and then tell ‘em that they were idiots anyhow is not my kind of fun. Thank you very much.” It sounds like Jr ran into Sr… In those six months you were playing did you join a corp? If you dont make friends in EvE you are doomed. Think real life… could you survive on your own? Sure… but it would be alot harder to get by.

Comment from EveBlows
Time: June 17, 2013, 2:21 pm

To all you people who say EVE is like real life, you are idiots. If real life were like EVE you would need several armored vehicles and a few dozen trusted friends with heavy machine guns to go to the corner store for a gallon of milk. And to say EVE requires all this skill and intelligence are equally stupid, where does these attributes come in is it when you pay money to CCP to train your skills for years while in the meantime you don’t even need to log in for more than a few minutes a week? Or perhaps when you pay more money to CCP for in game money so you can get all the best equipment again without actually having to do anything in game? Or maybe its that Ctrl. click on a name on the overview list and then an additional click on your weapon icon before watching while all that money you payed out does its job ensuring the poor sap actually trying to play the game dies. I played EVE for a few months before the tedium of exploding every time I went through a gate in low-sec because some asshole was on the other side spamming smartbombs waiting for someone to jump in just became too much.

Comment from Zaeru
Time: July 2, 2013, 11:29 am

4) Copy Research etc. EVERY slot at every station in the game is reserved WEEKS in advance. YOU WILL NEVER CATCH UP.

Not these days. Enough players have left the game that there are plenty of hisec slots open now. The market shows it too – not nearly as many things for sale as just a couple of years ago. Hardly anyone in local, not many ships out. Yet, mysteriously, 48,000+ people logged in showing at the launcher. Methinks they are including DUST users to hide the fact that attrition has really taken it’s toll.

Comment from Market Master
Time: July 18, 2013, 4:13 pm

The worst part about Eve, is that they don’t protect their players. When someone in game tries to kill someone in real life, CCP says it’s worth 30 day suspension.

That is a deal-breaker:

Comment from EVE Player
Time: August 8, 2013, 10:47 pm

Personally, I’ve never played WoW, and I’ve played EVE for about two years and took one long break, for about six months.

EVE is all about your buddies, and if you find the right guys, the game will be fun. It isn’t half as much as a solo game as a team player game. If you found the right people to work with you (e.g. people who won’t scam you) then EVE can be great fun. When I first started, I tried to be a solo mission runner, and that didn’t work out; I never really partnered up with anyone else… Who can I blame? I was only 11… Well now I’m 13 and I found a good corporation, good alliance, and I enjoy the game, paying with the 90 day subscription. I’ve pretty much loved every aspect of it.

Sure, losing your 200 mil ISK ship can suck, but it’s a risk to take it out in the first place. I find it exhilarating to be flying such a ship, and losing it is all part of the fun. All this depth about how the game works and how everything fits together intrigues me. Someone always has to be on the winning side, you can’t always be on the losing side, unless you give up.

There are newbie friendly corps out there, like EVE-UNI and Red v. Blue. They’ll help with introducing PVP and are pleasant to work with. CCP integrated Rookie Help there because EVE is such a complex game that can be hard for a tutorial to cover. Every time I’ve asked a question in Help, someone has always answered it. You don’t have to pay attention from haters, just learn from it.

About low-sec and null-sec, I’ve been there, I knew the risks, and I took it and lost. And I lost a lot of ships. I don’t care, that’s what you go into low-sec and null-sec for: higher reward. With risk comes reward. There are a lot of experienced players out there, but there are also a lot of new people out in EVE, too. I’ve killed some old vets as much as I’ve killed new players. It’s all very situational. You can be just as good as a veteran player in one area, and you may even out-SP them. They may have 20 mil in spaceship command, but only 1 mil in Gunnery. You could have 6 mil in Gunnery and 4 mil in spaceship command. You still could be flying the same ship and winning.

And BTW, CCP is really starting to fix their UI in these past expansion, they’re touching up on Factional Warfare, Exploration, re-balancing ships in their “tiercide”, and Wars… all the stuff that needed fixing.

EVE is not for everyone, some people just don’t want to deal with what EVE has to offer and that’s fine. I can’t stand some games and other people can’t stand other games, I’m fine with that. It sounds like you guys had some pretty bad experiences in the game. Personally, I’ve had an awesome time solo (yes solo) and with buddies.

TL;DR: EVE can be fun so long you try to have fun (and meet some pretty cool people). Some people may not like the complexities, and others will. Also, EVE is a very team-based game.

Have fun in space!

Comment from Zzap
Time: September 10, 2013, 12:24 am

@ Eve Player

That’s the rub. I didn’t have a bad time. I was with one of the strongest corp fighting in one of the biggest battles EvE ever had. And I came out with only two lost ships.

I’ve already posted my grievances back in 2011 so I’ll not bother again. long story short; What you will eventually come to discover is CCP is full of shit and you’re paying them to be shitty to you.

Comment from GM
Time: April 7, 2014, 11:19 am

Two months seems to be the magic number when you realize that the game is just using you to suck the blood out of you. The game developers just want more little fishies so that the big fishies can eat. I’m 46 and have been playing PC games for many years – this is not a sandbox mode game. If you want to be played like a fool then go ahead. BTW – not everyone is a jerk or trying to scam you. But how do you know? You cant trust anybody.

Comment from xx
Time: December 3, 2014, 4:46 pm

Eve is a capitalism simulator. Not a game. It just so happens to take place in space. If you like advanced economics and trig, plus have a soft spot for spreadsheets, you’ll love eve. If your into actual gaming and also have things in real life like a job or a wife or any other real world responsibilities and don’t live in your mom’s basement, you probably won’t like eve.

Comment from Eve Ex
Time: February 21, 2015, 8:22 pm

I quit EvE because of the elitist pricks in it. Also CCP actively allows scams, and there’s a general “No-rules” air about it. That literally just fosters theft, lying, and douchery. No two ways about it. There’s no such thing as “safe” space, so even a high sec/mission running experience is impacted by the douchery of others.
All-in-all, if you like raging because you’re minding your own business, then get hotdropped, ganked, and salvaged after being podded and losing skill points (Yeah, your skills get damaged) , then EvE is the game for you.

Comment from Hodor
Time: March 30, 2015, 7:29 am

EvE is a game for maladjusted sociopaths. If you’re unfortunate enough to play it for any prolonged period, you may find yourself surprised when you reemerge into the real world and discover that few of the people you meet are interested in kicking you in the balls and pissing on your face while you’re laying prone.

Comment from Meh